M, #9115, * 25 Nov 1909, + 6 Oct 2002
|Father||Marinus Johannes Broekman2,3 * 22 Jul 1879, + 5 Sep 1917|
|Mother||Rosalia Voss2,3 * 10 Mar 1873, + 18 Mar 1947|
Frits Broekman was born on 25 Nov 1909 in Pare, Java.2,3 He married Trude Koch, daughter of Ludolf Koch and Cäcilia Mayer, on 18 Mar 1939 at Amsterdam.3,4 He died on 6 Oct 2002 in the hospital Geldersche Vallei in Ede.5,6 He was cremated on 10 Oct 2002 in the "Rijk van Nijmegen" Crematory in Beuningen.6,5 His death notices appeared in the NRC-Handelsblad on 10 Oct 2002 and mentions his children and grandchildren.5,6
Frits Broekman, c. 1939
His signature on the menu of the wedding dinner.
Frits Broekman attended first the Jacob Obrecht Elementary School in Amsterdam7Afterwards he attended the 2nd HBS, B division7He studied chemistry at the University of Amsterdam, and earned an MS in organic chemistry. In 1956 he earned a PhD in Amsterdam with Prof. Wibaut on the thesis "De reactie van 4-chloorpyridine met zichzelf en met enige aminen."7
Frits Broekman was in 1939 an organic chemist with Polak & Schwartz in Hilversum1He worked with the Physical and Colloid Chemistry Group of the Agricultural University.8
Frits Broekman and Trude Koch moved on 5 Jun 1939 to Hilversum from Amsterdam. On May 20, 1943 they moved back to Amsterdam, and on 10 Feb 1944 back again to Hilversum. The address is then Pr. Julianalaan 8.9
Frits and Trude survived the 2nd World War, thanks to the help of Hans Georg Calmeijer, a German lawyer, who, in the Netherlands, had to make the decisions about who was jewish and who was not. More information about Hans Georg Calmeijer from Yad-vashem (in English), Wikipedia (in German), and the town of Osnabruck (in German).
C 1911. Juup and Frits as children in Indonesia.10
Name variants: Friedrich Wilhelm Broekman (full name, at birth.)11,3 On 1 Nov 1945 his name was legally changed to Frederik Willem Broekman.11
|Trude Koch * 22 May 1911, + 12 Mar 1998|
- [S135] Broekman Family, Papers. Personal Files.
- [S70] BS: Amsterdam : #17/5372, dd 11 Aug 1942. Frederik Wilhelm Broekman.
- [S124] Trouwboekje/Marr. Book : Friedrich Wilhelm Broekman en Gertud Auguste Koch.
- [S92] Death Cert., Wageningen Overlijden: #200057. Gertrud Auguste Koch, 12 Mar 1998 (Uittreksel/Extract.)
- [S801] NRC-Hand.blad, Death notice Frits Broekman, 10 Oct 2002.
- [S133] Death notice of Frits Broekman, 10 Oct 2002. Death Announcement.
- [S135] Broekman Family, Papers, oral communication. Personal Files.
- [S135] Broekman Family, Papers, Undated Newspaper clipping. Personal Files.
- [S70] BS: Hilversum dd 18 Jan 1946.
- [S822] Broekman - Gast Family, Papers and photo's. Personal Files.
- [S135] Broekman Family, Papers, Verzoek van Friedrich Wilhelm Broekman aan de Arrondisements-Rechtbank te Amsterdam, gedateerd 17 October 1945, en verzoek ingewilligd op 1 November 1945 (Afschrift). Personal Files.
- [S84] Birth Cert., Hilversum : Geboorten. Marinus Johan Broekman, 24 Oct 1944 (Uittreksel/Extract dd 10 Sep 1974.)
- [S135] Broekman Family, Papers, Stamboom Broekman. Personal Files.
- [S124] Trouwboekje/Marr. Book : Marinus Johan Broekman en Afina Gast. Utrecht, 2 May 1967.
- [S2] BS. Hilversum Overlijden : 1947 #435. Levenloos kind Broekman, 30 May 1947.
- [S135] Broekman Family, Papers, Marriage announcement Alain Druet and Vike Broekman. Personal Files.