M, #8533, * 22 Oct 1891, + 25 Oct 1964
|Father||Hendrik de Haan1,2 * 8 Jun 1856, + 18 Jul 1926|
|Mother||Marchien Rave1,2 * 5 Aug 1857, + 28 Jul 1936|
Ulpen de Haan was born on 22 Oct 1891 in Nieuwe Pekela.1,2 He married Afina de Haan, daughter of Ulpen de Haan and Geertje Starke, on 4 Jul 1918 at Nieuwe Pekela.1,3 He died on 25 Oct 1964 in Zwolle.1,4 He was cremated on 29 Oct 1964 in Dieren.4 His death announcement appeared and mentions his wife and children.5
Ulpen de Haan, c. 1962
Ulpen de Haan was a civil servant with the tax department.1
In Drachten they were living in the Oosterstraat, a new neighborhood, designed by Cees de Boer and Theo van Doesburg.6,7 His telephone number in 1950 was 25008 at address Floresplein 18b.8
Ulpen de Haan received a letter (from Nieuwe Pekela, dated 20 Oct 1918) from his parents-in-law Ulpen de Haan and Geertje Starke. They congratulate him and his wife Afina de Haan with his birthday. Ulpen tells about his work, Geertje about the Spanish Flu, which has claimed a number of friends. Hendrik, a nephew, is gravely ill in the hospital in Groningen. She hopes the war will end soon. Sister Grietje also adds her congratulations.9
C 1962. Ulpen and Afina.
C 1962. Ulpen and Afina had a micro car called a Goggomobil (link to blog post.)9
Because of his job with the tax department, Ulpen and Afina moved a lot. Their first apartment was above the Restaurant A. Beckers-Hanssen in Nijswiller. In 1920 they moved to Schiedam, where daughter Geertje was born. In Feb 1922 they moved to Sneek, en in 1924 to Drachten. On 29 Oct 1934 they went to Purmerend (Julianastraat 25), and on 15 Oct 1943 to Tuinkade 11 in Zaandijk.Then on 28 May 1947 to Groningen (Floresplein 18B) and on 24 Oct 1950 to the Dresselhuijsstraat 3c in Rotterdam. Finally they moved to the assisted living complex "Oldenhaghen" (Hessel Mulertstraat2) in Ommen.10,9
|Afina de Haan * 31 Dec 1891, + 27 Aug 1975|
- [S4] Ulpen de Haan. Persoonskaarten.
- [S171] Nieuwe Pekela, online database : 1891 #125. Ulpen de Haan, 22 Oct 1891.
- [S2] BS. Nieuwe Pekela Huwelijkn : 1918 #33. Ulpen de Haan en Afina de Haan, 4 Jul 1918.
- [S133] Death notice of Ulpen de Haan, 25 Oct 1964. Death Announcement.
- [S133] Death notice of Ulpen de Haan 25 Oct 1964. Death Announcement.
- [S801] NRC-Hand.blad, "The Papagaaienbuurt," by Lien Heiting. Cultureel Supplement, 10 Mar 2000. Online at. <http://retro.nrc.nl/W2/Nieuws/2000/03/10/Vp/cs.html
- [S42] "Geertje's Notebook,", Mammie's stories.
- [S90] Telefoondienst, 1950 Groningen K5900, pg. 966, col. 1.
- [S169] Familie de Haan, Papers. Personal Files.
- [S4] Afina de Haan, Ulpen deHaan. Persoonskaarten.