M, #11952, * 14 Jul 1916, + 8 Feb 1991
|Father||Samuel Widoff3 * c 1883|
|Mother||Rose Goldman3,2 * c 1883, + 1958|
Joseph Edelman was born on 14 Jul 1916 in Manhattan, New York.2 He married Doris Yvette Richstein, daughter of Isador Richstein and Bessie Levison, on 22 Jun 1935 at Casa del Rey at Brooklyn.3 (Divorced in 1947.)4 He (2) married Jill Galione in 1947 at Dade County, Florida.5,6 He (3) married Joyce Pettyjohn.2 He died on 8 Feb 1991 in Tucson, Arizona, (Tucson Medical Center.)2 He was cremated on 13 Feb 1991 in the Palms Crematory in Tucson.2
His signature on his marriage certificate.
He lived at the time of his first marriage at 2445 W 21 Street at Brooklyn, New York.3
Joseph Edelman was a hypnotist (acc. to his death certificate)2Joseph and his wife Jill ran bt 1960 - 1970 the Fair Lawn Stamp and Coin Co. at 6-11 Fair Lawn Ave, Fair Lawn, New Jersey. From 1966 the store was located at 28-05 Broadway.5 He and Jill Galione lived bt 1960 - 1970 at 15-06 Chandler Drive in Fair Lawn. They lived in the same house as Joseph G. and Gertrude Edelman, who were the owners of the house. From 1966 they lived in Clifton. Joseph is then no longer listed.5
He is listed in the following census:
1930 Fed. census (1 Apr): Household of Rose Edelman, 3028 Warehouse Avenue, Brooklyn, Kings County, New York.7
1925 New York census: Household of Samuel Widoff, 2120 Surf Ave, Brooklyn.8
Name variants: Joseph Rubin Edelman (full name.)3
- [S173] Richstein and Edelman Families, Papers, photos, and interviews. Personal Files.
- [S92] Death Cert., State of Arizona, Pima County, Tucson : 1991 #?. Joseph Edelman, 8 Feb 1991.
- [S104] Marr. Cert., State of New York, City of New York, Borough of Brooklyn, 1935 #10040. Joseph Rubin Edelman and Doris Yvette Richstein, 22 Jun 1935.
- [S104] Marr. Cert., Florida Dept of Health Index. Vol. 380, Cert.# 335.
- [S289] Ridgewood Directory, 1960, 1962, 1964, 1966, 1968, 1970. Edelman, Joseph (Jill.)
- [S104] Marr. Cert., Florida Dept of Health Index. Vol. 1109, Cert.# 522.
- [S108] Fed. Census: 1930 Census, New York, Kings County, Brooklyn Borough, SD 32, ED 24-1446, sheet 1B, line 95-100 (NARA: T626, Roll 1526, Page 1B). Household of Rose Edelman.
- [S107] State Census: New York State Census, 1925, Brooklyn, New York, AD 16, ED 44, block 11, pg 301, line 4-10.